Staying Active with MS
Aug 28, 2023
Movement as Medicine
Physical activity might seem counterintuitive for those with mobility challenges, but when tailored correctly, it's a game-changer.
- Muscle Strengthening: Helps combat muscle weakness prevalent in MS.
- Enhanced Mobility: Regular activity can delay mobility issues.
- Mood Elevation: Physical activity is a known mood booster, countering MS-related mood challenges.
Activities to Consider
- Walking: With appropriate aids if necessary.
- Yoga: Provides flexibility, strength, and mindfulness.
- Swimming: Offers resistance without the strain of weight-bearing.
- Tai Chi: Enhances balance and coordination.
Conclusion: The right kind of physical activity, personalized to one's MS symptoms and progression, can not only provide symptomatic relief but also instill a sense of empowerment.